Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems
WHMIS 2015 (GHS)
This intensive 1/2 day workshop will provide essential tools of the health and safety act requirements on WHMIS in the workplace. Ontario's Occupational Health & Safety Act (OHSA) requires every employer ensure that their staff are "trained on WHMIS" and have a refresher each year. Failure to meet these regulations as an employer may result in employer liability under OHSA.
This course will familiarize the worker with WHMIS, a system to provide workers with health and safety information about hazardous materials and controlled products in their workplace. Participants will learn the WHMIS symbols and their meanings, labels on products, and material safety data sheets (MSDSs). This course will provide practical advice for how to safely handle hazardous materials and controlled projects on the job. Completion of a final quiz will be required as part of this course with a passing grade of 80%.
How You will Benefit:
- WHMIS training, (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System). Our WHMIS trainers will provide participants with a general understanding of the safe and efficient handling of Hazardous Products in the workplace
- Meet your obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act and specifically the (WHMIS) Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System - Regulations.
- Why are we here
- The WHMIS system
- Discuss duties of employer, supervisor, worker
- Warning symbols, MSDS updated
- Review details of MSDS
- Review and discuss hazard classes and effects
- Routes of entry
- Explain toxic
- Explain common organs effected by substance exposure
- Controlling use, handling and storage of hazards products
- Give WHMIS quiz and explain any incorrect answers
- What is WHMIS and who is responsible
- WHMIS Programs
- Communicating Hazards
- WHMIS classes and their symbols
- Material safety data sheets
- Safe use and handling tips for the workplace
Upon completion of this course, you will:
- Understand your rights and responsibilities
- Be able to identify the WHMIS symbols and their meaning
- Understand supplier labels and workplace labels
- Be able to read an MSDS and find information on hazards and preventive measures within the MSDS
- Be able to protect yourself when working with hazardous materials
- Workers in workplaces where controlled products and hazardous substances are used
- Young workers preparing for a new job
- Familiarity with workplace processes and practices is helpful.
Face-to-Face – This course is delivered in a classroom style setting as an interactive hands-on practical course. Attendees will walk away with the skills, knowledge and applications required to understand WHMIS in their workplaces. Please Contact us.
Online - This e-learning course is designed to facilitate the skills, knowledge and applications required to understand WHMIS in your workplaces. For multiple logins, please Contact us.
Webinar - This workshop can be delivered through a WebEx platform to allow interactive communications with the facilitator and the attendees, applying the skills, knowledge and applications required to understand WHMIS in your workplaces. Call or email for a price quote to set up training for your organization. (A minimum of 5 people are required for this format).