The Professional Supervisor
In today’s changing workplace, many new supervisors are unsure of their roles and responsibilities. They have little experience dealing with the challenges of managing work through others. They haven’t had the opportunity to develop those critical skills of planning work, leading their group, and communicating with their employees, their colleagues, and their manager. This three-day workshop will give you just that opportunity.
How You Will Benefit:
- You will understand the scope and nature of the supervisory position.
- You will learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
- You will recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, to your team, and to your organization.
- You will identify key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively
- You will acquire a basic understanding of and develop strategies for leadership, team building, communication, and motivation and what part they play in effective supervision.
What You Will Cover:
- Adjusting to your role
- A supervisor’s responsibilities
- Making plans
- Setting goals
- The Situational Leadership model
- Problem employees
- Team development
- Communication skills
- The communication process
- Providing feedback
- Dealing with conflict