Project Management Training: Understanding Project Management
Project management isn’t just for construction engineers and military logistics experts anymore. Today, in addition to the regular duties of your job, you are often expected to take on extra assignments - and to get that additional job done well, done under budget, and done on time. This workshop is not intended to take you from a supervisory or administrative position to that of a project manager. However, these three days will familiarize you with the most common terms and the most current thinking about projects.
How You Will Benefit:
- Understand what is meant by a project.
- Recognize what steps must be taken to complete projects on time and on budget.
- Have a better ability to sell ideas and make presentations.
- Know simple techniques and tools for planning and tracking your project.
- Have methods for keeping the team focused and motivated.
What You Will Cover:
- What is a project?
- Project management basics
- How can projects help me?
- A project’s life cycle
- Selling a project
- Preparing your project
- The role of a project manager
- Project goals
- Laying out the project (SOW)
- Project risks and contingency planning
- The work breakdown structure
- Planning tools (including Gantt charts and PERT)
- Developing teams
- Communication tools
- Closing out a project
- Team meetings
- Project presentations