Problem Solving and Decision Making
As an individual, facts and knowledge can only go so far. Solving tough problems requires the ability to define the true problem, analyze the possible causes, create options, select the most feasible option, and then implement it. This two-day workshop should help individuals enhance their efforts to find sustainable solutions and learn new ways to approach problem-solving to reach win-win decisions.
How You Will Benefit:
- Increase your awareness of problem solving steps and problem solving tools.
- Distinguish root causes from symptoms to identify the right solution for the right problem.
- Improve your problem solving and decision making skills through identifying your own problem solving style.
- Identify ways to think creatively and work towards creative solutions.
- Recognize the top ten rules of good decision-making.
What You Will Cover:
- What is Problem Solving?
- Problem Solving Styles
- Earthquake! (Case Study)
- The Problem Solving Model
- Six Ways to Approach a Decision
- The Problem Solving Toolkit (including Gradients of Agreement, fishbone analysis, lasso, cost/benefit analysis, using criteria, and force field analysis)
- Thinking Outside the Box
- Peerless Data Corp (Case Study)