Skills for the Administrative Assistant
Work is not the only thing that matters in life, but most of us want to take pride in what we do. While we don’t have to like the people we work with, or report to, at the very least we should be able to interact positively with them. The biggest influence on job satisfaction is our relationship with others.
This is a two-day workshop designed for those who work in support positions, to help them improve their everyday performance in an office environment. The two days will help you improve your communications skills, make a good first impression, and develop personal management skills.
How You Will Benefit:
- Understand the importance of professional presence on the job.
- Learn how to self-manage to become more effective and efficient.
- Improve your communications skills, including listening, questioning, and being more assertive.
- Increase your effectiveness in recognizing and managing conflict, and dealing with difficult people.
What You Will Cover:
- Personal Best, Professional Best
- Putting Others at Ease
- Distorted Thinking
- The Steps to Feeling Good
- Communication Skills
- Asking and Listening
- Non-Verbal Messages
- Writing Skills
- Getting Ahead
- Self Management
- Setting Goals
- Working as a Team
- Working With Difficult People
- Learning to Say No
- De-Stress Options